Monday, February 1, 2010

A hike at Cerillos's Hill State Park

Yesterday, Sunday, I met up with my friend Catherine. She took me on a hike at Cerillo's State Park. It was up a ways and had a great view of the mountains surrounding us. Moon Shadow loved getting some exercise and exploring new territory. Parts of the ways I carried her to avoid cactus plants along the trails. She still doesn't know what they are, even after her encounter with cholla. Catherine also introduced me to her friend, Lindsay. She is an artist that was originally from Nebraska but now lives in Madrid, NM. She showed us her house and artwork. She does incredible paintings of dark yet beautiful images. Some of them are very haunting. She uses many bones in her work and has a lot of organic shapes in them. All of her work has a story behind it. I felt very priviledged to meet her and to hear the meaning of each painting.

Later on in the afternoon I then drove to Albuquerque. I am staying with some old neighbors of ours. They just moved this past fall. Moon Shadow was excited to see her dog friend, Shadow. However, she is a little jealous when I give Shadow attention. She is used to being the only child. Today we will go hiking and then I meet with an artist named Meinrad Craighead. She is an artist that I admire. I have a couple of her books. She does these amazing paintings.

When I have more time I will post photos from our hiking trip at Cerillos'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Show us some pics of the state park!! We are glad that all is well!!

Karen Godfrey said...

Hi Mom and Dad,

I didn't have my camera with me when we went for the hike. Catherine is supposed to send me some of the photos she took.