Friday, February 12, 2010

Grateful











It has been a real satisfying experience having my work on display at the DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun. It gives me a lot of opportunity to share my story and to hear other people's stories. I never would have been able to have this many visitors or this kind of exposure in Grand Rapids. I am very thankful.

Yesterday I had a flurry of activity. Three tour buses came in at the same time. A whole group of people came in and were looking over everything. People started buying my cards and books. I was signing books, collecting money, and trying to put through a credit card transaction when a man came up to me and wanted to purchase one of my shadow boxes. The energy in the room was alive! Then as soon as it all came together, it was all over. It happened so fast. It was great fun while it lasted.

Today I went to this African Village that is set up for the Gem Show. I went immediately after I got out of the gallery, as it only lasts until 6pm. Because it is towards their final days, they had lowered their prices. I bought a lot of wonderful things for future shadow boxes. And my most prized possession was this amazing beaded African Headress that came from the Yoruba tribe. I love it! It must weigh ten pounds or more. This one is for me and is not going in a box!

So, needless to say I am very grateful. I feel like I have been very blessed. Here are some photos of the chapel on the grounds, of Moon Shadow laying among the shadows, and of the really awesome headress I bought.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my friend, hannah, and i came through this past friday and enjoyed your exhibit. the energy and creativity was very inspiring! the shadow boxes were my favorite. i'm glad to see you are feeling good about it and it has been successful. many blessings to you and your expressive growth. moon shadow was such a sweetheart and won our hearts over with cuteness. good luck on your future journey and may your creativity continue to grow.

- emily galusha
emilygalusha.com

Karen Godfrey said...

Emily,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Where do you live? I saw you got acquainted with the cholla! Moon Shadow did too in Tucumcari, NM on our trip down to Tucson. Those buggers don't come out easy!