Thursday, February 4, 2010

My humble Abode in Tucson





























Well, I am settling into my new little house and into Tucson. I like the feel of Tucson. They have a lot of palm trees and it is surrounded by mountains. It was a beautiful sunny day today. I did some exploring of the Downtown area and 4th Avenue that has a lot of funky shops.

Yesterday I checked out the DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun where I will be having my show. It truly is a beautiful setting. The litte adobe buildings were made by Ted DeGrazia and his helpers. There is also a little sanctuary where many people have gotten married. I met the current artist in residence and she said she did really well in sales. She said there has been many visitors. It is starting to sink in that I am really going to be showing my work there!

So, I only have one more day until I hang my show. I will be able to start hanging the show on Saturday at 10am!

The photos on this post are of my little house, a mural in my neighborhood, and of the courtyard at the Old Artistans Gallery in Downtown Tucson. The red fence is what surrounds my little house. I call it the funky fort because you can't see from the road that there is a house behind the fence. It looks a little strange.

No comments: