Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Art is Healing







I have met a lot of wonderful people at the gallery. There are so many like-minded people. It amazes me. I have had a lot of people comment on my artist statements. It really doesn't take much to start a conversation with them. It seems that the art some how gives them permission to share their own personal stories as well. Yesterday an older gentleman shared with me that his daughter, "who was larger than life," died in the Twin Towers. She was a police officer and was rescuing people when the second tower collapsed. He loved his daughter so much. He said he still is hearing stories from people of how she changed their life. I think that a lot of us do not realize how we are making a difference in other people's lives. Another woman named Loretta shared with me her mystical experiences over the years. She was a teacher in New Jersey and lives in Tucson in the winter months. She seemed like a long lost friend to me. All of these experiences make this exhibit at DeGrazia Gallery so rich and rewarding.
The photo of the woman by the church is Loretta. I took the photo of the rainbow today. This was taken at a local park. It had rained most of the day and then as the sun was setting, it came out from under the clouds. A perfect way to end the day!

No comments: