Sunday, January 31, 2010

Santa Fe Bargains
















Yesterday, Marca and I found a consignment shop on the plaza. We couldn't believe the prices. The owner of the shop had racks of jeans for $5, dresses for $15, coats for $30 and one rack of clothing for $1. We had fun trying on different things and hunting for good finds. I found these leather cowboy boots that were my size for $30. We just had looked at a store with boots that were selling for $500 and up. The boots fit me and were in great shape, so I decided they were mine. Then I couldn't resist this great soft leather jacket for only $30. Marca found a really fun hat that looked perfect on her. Overall we did really well.

Later on we found a great little French Pastry shop at the LaFonda Inn. We had to each split a chocolate croissant and a strawberry crepe. The sun was out and it was a lot warmer than the day before. We enjoyed just strolling around and going into galleries.

In an earlier blog, I had mentioned that we had an afternoon of making art. I am attaching a photo of the painting that Marca created while here in Santa Fe. I thought it turned out great.

Today I am going for a hike with my friend that lives in Santa Fe. Then I will be off to Albuquerque. Marca went back to Colorado this morning. We had a great time catching up.

3 comments:

KarlaJo said...

Karen, You look like you are having fun! Mom & Dad called from Alabama today at around 5:15 pm. They are doing well also. Hows Moon Shadow doing? Talk to you later. Mark and Kris got another dog this weekend. I haven't seen her yet but I bet shes cute. Talk to you later. Love Karla

Unknown said...

I like your jacket and boots. I'm a size 7 in shoes and a size 12 in tops or maybe a Large for jackets. Hint hint!! HA HA HE HE Kathy

Karen Godfrey said...

I looked at the Consignment Shop here in Tucson for you, Kathy. I bought you a cowgirl hat!