Saturday, February 20, 2010

Savoring the last day





















Yesterday was my last day at the Little Gallery. It was a beautiful sunny day. Brent went hiking at Finger Rock, while I stayed at the gallery. I savored the day and relished all that I accomplished. At the very end of the day, I sold my Shield of Abundance piece. I thought that was my best piece of the show. The couple that bought it, really liked its message and said they might not have bought it without having read the artist statement. The meaning behind it really spoke to them. Then I also sold my last book. I had to give people my card so that they could order it online. After 4pm, Brent and I took down the show. It only took us a couple hours. We had to go back today to pick up the few remaining things that didn't fit into the car.
I am very happy with the show and with all of the people I met. Now I am ready to relax a little and take the sights in. This is a really nice way to reflect on the last month and let it soak in. Tomorrow we are going back to DeGrazia in the Sun, so that I can actually see his museum of works. I wasn't able to do that while I was working at the Little Gallery.

No comments: