Sunday, January 24, 2010

My first day on the road

Well, I left this morning in some drizzle and waved goodbye to my hubby of 13 years. He took a picture of Moon Shadow and I as we were getting ready to leave. I told him I would miss him and that it made me happy we could trust each other enough to allow one another to have our own adventures. It felt like he was really honoring my soul. The car was packed solid. I have just enough room in the rear window to see the traffic behind me.

As I was heading towards S. Haven a group of crows flew in circles and then one crow dove down in front of my car. I was wondering if I was going to hit it. Then it veered off to the right, as if it were sending me off.

The drive was pretty good actually. I didn't encounter much rain. I made it 500 miles today and am staying in St. Clair Missouri.

Time to get some dinner!

1 comment:

KarlaJo said...

Karen, Glad to hear you had a good first day of travel. Say Hi to Moonie for me! We will keep in touch this way(blogging). Just heard that Tara passed her State board exam for nursing. Scott, Tara and myself signed up this morning to go to Haiti on a mission trip. I don't know any of the details as of yet.We will talk to you later. Love, Karla