Monday, January 25, 2010

Windy Day


Well, I made it to Stroud Oklahoma today. Just got settled in to the hotel. It was really windy on the highway today. It made me really happy that I was not driving my Jeep. I decided at the last minute to take Brent's car. He has much better aerodynamics than my Jeep does.


We went 400 miles today. I am trying to make it to Madrid, NM early on Wednesday, as a snow storm is supposed to be coming in later that day. I am farther along then I thought I would be.


I stopped in Joplin, MO today. It has changed a lot since I lived there over 20 years ago. The main road is jammed full of hotels and restaurants. It didn't look like the Joplin I knew. Some of the buildings where I lived and worked didn't even exist anymore. Shows you what happens as time goes by.


This trip seems nostalgic to me as I reflect on where I was 20 years ago and see where I am today. I never would have dreamed that I would be traveling down to Arizona with my artwork for an art exhibit. It makes me very grateful.

Brent took this photo the day we left. All for now!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are SuperWoman! You're almost there! I'm glad you've had pretty good weather so far and let's hope we only get a little more snow this week.
See you Thursday! And enjoy Madrid.
Marca

Karen Godfrey said...

Thanks girl! looking forward to seeing you.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful photo of you in the door of the gallery! I was feeling all day that you were having an amazing experience so far in Tucson! You are the Swan!