Friday, January 29, 2010

Catch up day


I guess I have a little catching up to do with my blog. Since I wrote on Wednesday, many things have happened. All good things I might add! On Wednesday I drove from Tucumcari, NM and through Madrid, NM on my way to Santa Fe. Madrid is an old mining town along the Turqoise Trail in the mountains. I was happy to arrive before the snow storm developed that everyone had been talking about. Madrid has these old buildings that are turned into art galleries and coffee shops. I wandered around with Moon Shadow and they were very dog friendly. We spent about 3 hours there. The photo here is from Madrid.


Then I met my friend, Catherine Hyde, who used to live in Grand Rapids. She took me to a great little restaurant in Santa Fe called Maria's Mexican Kitchen. They are known for great food and a thousand varieties of margaritas. We both had enchiladas with the Christmas chile sauce (red and green chiles). It was excellent! I also had a mango margarita. Very good. After catching up, Catherine gave me great directions to my casita that I was staying at. She also told me the "must do's" while staying here in Santa Fe. Hopefully I will be seeing her again while on this trip.


Then came the snow! The next day the snow started coming down. It was the biggest fluffiest snow I had seen in a while. It was beautiful but I was also concerned because my dear friend since I was in kindergarden was coming down from Colorado to visit me. Luckily she did not run into any bad weather until she got into Santa Fe. We had a great time catching up on things and ended up eating some soup by our fire place. Then we sat in the hot tub that comes with this casita. It was wonderful!


So, today we will get out and explore a little more. I will take some photos of the winter wonderland here in New Mexico. It is beautiful on the trees and the adobe homes.

No comments: